It really doesn’t matter whether you’re a seasoned blogging veteran or a fragile green shoot just about to blossom — business blogging is a tough gig, a Sisyphean task.
We muscle paragraphs forward, fighting the sweaty uphill battle of research, interviews, outlining, pen-to-paper, edits, and downing copious amounts of java.
Here’s the black-and-white truth of it — I am a shameless opportunist. I welcome any tool, ritual, or process that lifts the burden of writing by a mere modicum.
Perhaps this hang loose, go with the flow philosophy is due to my adolescence spent surfing gnarly green Fijian reef, but I firmly believe in catching and “writing” the wave. And, no, I’m not related to Kelly Slater (but, when I was single and desperate, he was my favorite cousin).
ChatGPT is here to reinvent the wheel. Think SEO. Think blog copy. Think the good life on a beach, margarita garnished with a little pink umbrella.
Now, to stick with our surfing analogy, recently ChatGPT has made a tremendous digital splash — a tsunami I believe all bloggers should capitalize upon (see my article ChatGPT VS Professional Writers: Who Creates Better Copy). So, wax your board and get ready to hit the surf.
Easier is better, as long as quality isn't jeopardized.
If you’re new to ChatGPT, don’t sweat it — so is everyone else. Media Junction® is here to show you the digital ropes and how to utilize ChatGPT to bolster your blogging efforts.
MJ has over two decades of website development experience and we’ve kept our finger on the pulse of AI (especially ChatGPT).
This article demonstrates how to ride the wave of AI for your business blogging efforts in terms of research, copy quality, SEO, and article outlines.
How to Utilize ChatGPT for Your Business Blog
Any decent blog post is predicated upon research (a.k.a. statistics, facts, and bonafide contextual context). ChatGPT has revolutionized research point blank, making it quick, easy, and painless.
Personally, research is my least favorite step in the complicated couture that is blog writing. Collecting facts and figures — what a yawn.
Depending on the writer, research is viewed as a necessary evil that can't be sidestepped or a delightful skip-through-the-park quest for knowledge.
Regardless of your personal convictions, research is the cornerstone for all salient, well-written blog articles.
Indeed, it has evolved dramatically over the decades: from leather-bound books to microfiche to dial-up internet to Google-in-your-pocket 5G speed.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the next great wave in research evolution, and Digital Darwin would be proud.
ChatGPT allows for research to take on a conversational quality — a back-and-forth question and answer.
It's simple. Plug your query into the chatbox. Hit enter. Et voilà — infinite information at your fingertips.
Like with most great existential questions in life, the better question you pose, the better answer you'll receive.
ChatGPT Research Tips
- Ask ChatGPT to explain something to you as if ChatGPT was an expert in the field.
- Formulate your query to be as specific as possible (clarity is key).
- If you're not sure where to begin, start wide — kick off with general keywords.
- Segment broad, complex topics into smaller subtopics.
- Ask follow-up questions.
- Rephrase the original question, adding in some nuance.
- Try prompts like "Explain [remarkably difficult, dense concept] in simple terms."
ChatGPT can also summarize large bodies of text, such as articles and research papers, saving the researcher time and effort.
In short, ChatGPT is the next step in the evolution of research, providing a conversational avenue for an otherwise tedious endeavor (yes, I'm that type of writer). It provides a wonderful starting point and summarizes texts you'd rather not wade through. ChatGPT is a hybrid blend of an old dinosaur librarian and an overly-caffeinated personal assistant with CliffsNotes.
2. Improve Writing Quality
Did you know that ChatGPT can proofread your blog copy and suggest improvements?
Every writer worth their salt has suffered the editorial gauntlet — put a comma here, you misspelled this word, and what exactly are you trying to say here, you illiterate philistine.
The heart of the problem is after spending hours with a particular text, the words begin to jumble, and the brain glosses over simple grammatical, syntactical, and logical-progression errors. This is our lot in life.
The good news is that autocorrect has come a long way, and tools like Grammarly are always at our disposal. But did you know ChatGPT can also check your text and provide feedback on syntax, grammar, and word choice? Try the command "Proofread the following text: [copy and paste text]."
You can also ask ChatGPT to rewrite text to fit a specific tone: serious, persuasive, academic, charming, etc. For kicks and giggles, you can also ask ChatGPT to rewrite the text in a celebrity's voice, such as Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.
3. Enhance Search Engine Optimization
ChatGPT can boost your blogging SEO efforts by providing a list of related keywords.
AI proves an excellent resource of relevant keywords and phrases to integrate into web pages, blog posts, and social media posts to improve search engine optimization (SEO) and bolster online visibility.
When I asked ChatGPT how it can help with SEO, ChatGPT responded:
ChatGPT can help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in several ways:
- Content optimization: ChatGPT can analyze your content and suggest changes to optimize it for search engines. For example, it can suggest adding keywords, improving readability, and optimizing titles and meta descriptions.
- Keyword research: It can assist in identifying relevant keywords that your target audience is searching for. It can suggest long-tail keywords and help you to identify high-volume, low-competition keywords to optimize your content for better search rankings.
- Topic generation: It can suggest topics and subtopics that are relevant to your industry or niche. These suggestions can help you create valuable content that answers questions that your audience is searching for.
- Content creation: ChatGPT can generate content ideas and help you create high-quality and original content that is optimized for search engines.
- Voice search optimization: With the growing popularity of voice search, it can help you optimize your content for voice search by suggesting conversational language and long-tail keywords.
- Website optimization: It can help you optimize your website by analyzing your website structure, page speed, and mobile-friendliness. It can suggest changes to improve the user experience and increase your search engine rankings.
Interestingly, AI is vying to displace search engines, possibly rendering future SEO endeavors impotent. SEO is still king of the digital hill, but brace yourself for a serious shift in the SEO landscape.
In short, ChatGPT can help identify relevant keywords and phrases that can be incorporated into website content. By analyzing research queries and identifying high-volume keywords, ChatGPT can help website owners optimize for search engines (which may soon prove obsolete).
4. Creating Outlines
ChatGPT can create structured outlines for SEO-driven blog posts, ensuring that the article is well-organized and easy to digest.
ChatGPT can help you outline an article in several ways:
- Topic selection: It can help you choose a relevant and engaging topic for your blog article by suggesting ideas based on your preferences and interests.
- Main points: Once you have a topic, it can help you brainstorm and identify the main points you want to cover in your blog article. This can help you create a clear and organized structure for your article.
- Subtopics: It can suggest subtopics that support your main points, helping you to flesh out your blog post and provide more detail and context.
- Ordering and hierarchy: It can help you determine the most logical and effective order for your main points and subtopics, and establish a hierarchy that supports your argument or narrative.
- Introductions and conclusions: It can help you craft a compelling introduction and conclusion that effectively frame your article and summarize your main points.
- Writing prompts: It can suggest writing prompts or questions that help you expand on your ideas and provide more depth and detail to your blog article.
- Style and tone: It can provide suggestions for the style and tone of your article, such as formal or informal, serious or playful, informative or persuasive, depending on your audience and goals.
Overall, ChatGPT can be a valuable tool for bloggers looking to improve their writing process and create high-quality content.
Media Junction Can Help You with Your Blogging Strategy
You've learned how ChatGPT can help you in your blogging endeavors through research, improving copy quality, bolstering SEO, and creating plug-and-play outlines.
Here at Media Junction, we builds websites, trains marketing teams, and offers a vast array of other services. For example, if you're considering starting a blog from scratch or optimizing an existing blog, we're here to help. We empower global marketing teams to develop, execute, and optimize their blogging strategy.
If you'd like to learn how to become a better blogger, check out these articles:
- The Anatomy of a Blog Article - Intro, Body, and Outro
- Business Blogging Checklist: Blog Optimization 2023>
- 8 Ways Marketers Can Start Using ChatGPT Today
If you'd like help developing your blog, click on the link below to book a consultation.