We've created an environment where designers are free to be themselves. We don't tuck our designers away and treat them like the black sheep of the company for being different—we like different—we embrace it and expect it.
Not to make this weird, (but we are) being weird is part of who we are.
Creating beautiful things is part of the role, but so is making the logo bigger even when it might be already big enough.
Our hope is to find a creative person, who will listen intently, be able to translate confusing, sometimes not so great feedback (without losing your shit), create something with very little to go off of, and be able to push through the noise and focus on experiences that move others — yeah, that's a lot and it's not for everyone (we get it). And...its also important to note that the work you will do here isn't always going to be glamourous or portfolio "worthy" or even beautiful...but one thing we can guarantee; you will work with really talented people who like to laugh and keep it real. Oh and, one last thing we work in a variety of industries which keeps things interesting vs working with one brand.
about the role
Our designers work closely with our website strategists and developers to create rich visual and interactive experiences that achieve our clients’ marketing goals. Your role in the team would include designing beautiful, meaningful, and functional websites, logos, and other brand assets..
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a creative eye, and aren't afraid to explore new ideas
- Have a passion for designing user-centric websites
- Are self-motivated and self-directed
- Have expert-level knowledge of key commands and getting around the Adobe Suite
- Have a basic understanding of how websites are built and the importance of interactions
- Have the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills to present ideas to clients & peers
- Have experience or desire to lead or mentor other designers within a team
- Have the ability to GSD without compromising the quality to complete tasks on time
- Have a proven track record of managing multiple projects
- Have (ridiculous) attention to detail—like when something is a pixel off it bugs you
- Aligns with our core values: Integrity, Dedication, Empathy, Accountable, Strategic
- Is a darn good human
- No education needed, but you need to be creative and show examples of original work (self-taught/natural talent encouraged to apply)
- Passion for designing user-friendly & user-centric websites
- Experience with UX design principles and ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Kind of an understanding of front-end coding
Nice-to-haves, but not required:
- Experience with Figma
- Have worked in an agency or startup environment or have freelanced before
about our team
We are a diverse group of passionate visionaries, techies, nerds, and forward thinkers who love what we do. We are highly motivated, friendly and we ❤ dogs. And Star Wars. And walls that double as whiteboards. And cake. Okay, we love a lot of things—including working with other hard-working, talented people.
So, if you’re a creative thinker, passionate visionary, and a talented designer who loves to create awesome online and offline experiences, then we want you to talk to you.